Have an account?

Sunday, February 7, 2010

Sunday Six 2.0: Week 6

Hopefully no one is tired of river pictures just yet. Today I was on a photo drive in my neighborhood and stopped at the same spot from Week 2. One difference? Much higher water this week! We had another deluge of rain late last week which pushed the area rivers and creeks even higher.

SS_6_River[2010]
It's kind of hard to tell in this picture.

SS_6_High_Water[2010]
But, in this one you can! I was standing on a little deck which is usually 4-5 feet above the water. Today, the water was right at the very top of the floor.

SS_6_Ramp[2010]
I liked the patterns of the railings and the water in this one.

SS_6_Bench[2010]
A bench which is certainly not going to have much company until the water recedes a bit.

SS_6_Rum[2010]
Back home and looking for a bit of color, I decided on these three little bottles of light rum I picked up in Barbados.

SS_6_Canvas[2010]
Look what came in the mail this week! I took this sunset picture on my trip to Puerto Rico. I can't wait to see what it looks like hanging on the wall.


post signature

5 comments:

Allison said...

Whoa! Your sunset picture is AMAZING! I can't wait to see it in person! I miss you!

Joyce said...

Picture looks great and I'm sure it will look better hanging on the wall.

Chesney said...

Your picture is a piece of art, it will look fabulous framed and on your wall!

Wow, your river really has raised - and the 3rd picture down is stunning, I am in love w/ that fence reflection (that would be another one worth blowing up)! Also, love your splash of colors in your rum bottles - fun!

MevetS said...

I really like the fence picture (#3).

And the print (last image) looks like it is continued in the background. Cool juxtaposition.

MevetS said...

I really like the fence picture (#3).

And the print (last image) looks like it is continued in the background. Cool juxtaposition.