Have an account?

Tuesday, January 12, 2010

Sunday Six 2.0: Week 2

This week's Sunday Six is a Recap Six from a long, cold walk I took on Saturday morning. Y'all, it's been ridiculously cold for Atlanta, Georgia. It's rare for Atlanta to have high temps that are below freezing for a day or two. It's been this way since January 1st! I protest! :)

SS10_02_Chattahoochee[2010]
This is the Chattahoochee River where it runs through Roswell. Roswell has a nice greenway system that runs alongside the river. This is a pretty typical view of the river.

SS10_02_Freeze[2010]
This is not. Granted, this is more of an inlet, and the water certainly isn't swift like the main body of the river. It's just not typical to see frozen bodies of water down here!

SS10_02_Railing[2010]
I'm not really sure what prompted me to take this shot. Maybe something with the rust of the rail? Not the best shot in the set, but it'll do. ;)

SS10_02_Fencepost[2010]
I set off down a side trail during my walk in the hopes of finding some interesting shots. This fencepost caught my eye because of the shadows and that one dark knot up top.

SS10_02_Ice_on_Chattahoochee[2010]
Another shot of the snow and ice along the river bank.

SS10_02_Ice[2010]
Finally, a shot of ice on my windows Saturday morning.

Still thawing out in Georgia,

post signature

2 comments:

Chesney said...

Now that you have me shivering in my boots, you really conveyed the freezing temperatures you are experiencing! We are finally warming up, a warm 36 degrees tomorrow, a heat wave!

Ron a.k.a. Danudin said...

All outstanding, but the Fencepost and Window Ice, are spectacular.