Have an account?

Thursday, February 25, 2010

Sunday Six 2.0: Week 8

After a bout with another cold and laryngitis, I'm finally getting around to posting this past week's Sunday Six. I had high hopes for this week since I ended up with tickets to the circus. But, I ended up being IN the circus and wasn't able to take my camera onto the circus floor. So, I missed out on lots of fun shots with clowns, acrobats, and the high wire performers. I did manage to get a couple of decent shots, though.

SS_8_Acrobat[2010]
This is two of several acrobats who performed during the first part of the circus. The poses they held were really neat. It takes so much strength to be able to do that!

SS_8_Ring_of_Fire[2010]
So, how much would it take for you to jump through this?

SS_8_Takeoff[2010]

SS_8_Landing[2010]
Surely if this guy can do it, you can, too!

SS_8_Midtown[2010]
I realize there are quite a few distractions in this one. It comes with the territory of being in the center of the city. This is a shot of Midtown Atlanta, looking East. We also have the signature tell-tale sign that this was shot from the driver's seat of Murphy -- the blue windshield!

SS_8Fat_Matt's[2010]
Finally, I met up with Allison and some of her students at Fat Matt's for some yummy BBQ on Saturday night. I really wanted to get a shot of the signs before I headed home.

So, this week's Sunday Six will likely feature pictures from Tennessee, as I'm headed there tomorrow to visit my family. See you then!

post signature

3 comments:

Ron a.k.a. Danudin said...

I lnow life is Just a Circus, as i am one of the clowns, and hey Spiie has super powers, Love Fat Mat, my kinda Joint!, Life itself is busy not just the city. Great Shots all, get fully well soon.

Lorri said...

These are fantastic! The acrobat shot is really beautiful.

And I owe you an apology for not visiting sooner. I mistakenly placed a particular post address for your blog in my list so each time I checked your site I was taken to your original 2010 post. I assumed you weren't updating shots. This morning it finally hit me that I should check the site address and I immediately realized what had happened!

So now I'm off to admire more of your work!

Dogeared said...

Love the fire ring shot and the Fat Matt's sign one - sharp!