Have an account?

Tuesday, February 2, 2010

Sunday Six 2.0: Week 5

I'm a couple of days late getting these photos posted, but . . . at least they're outside photos! The sun finally came out a bit this Sunday so I was able to get out and explore a bit.

SS_5_Frozen[2010]
A frozen fountain I passed while driving around. I like the arc of the icicles. I passed this fountain on my way to this view . . .

SS_5_Skyline[2010]
This is a view of downtown Atlanta from the Vinings area. Rumor has it the hill this photo is taken from is the hill where Sherman stood during the Burning of Atlanta. It's a bit hazy for January, but you can still see the skyline fairly well.

SS_5_River[2010]
One of the places I visited Sunday was the Chattahoochee River National Recreation Area. It contains 16 different park areas with 50 miles of hiking trails and runs from Lake Lanier in North Georgia all the way through metro Atlanta. This photo shows show high our river levels have remained over the past few months. Normally, you could walk down to rocks along the bank of the river. Currently, the Park Rangers have cordoned off an area about 10 feet from the river as a safety measure. This particular part of the river remains about 4.5 feet below flood stage.

SS_5_Branches[2010]
Just a simple shot of branches along the river bank.

SS_5_What[2010]
Had this been taken just a day later I could've used it for February's "What Is It?" theme. My guess is some sort of animal stick figure? Anyone else?

SS_5_SunnySky[2010
This photo ended up with an almost fish-eye feel to it. This was taken along one of the hiking trails within the Rec. Area.

Until next week . . .



post signature

1 comment:

Chesney said...

Looks like you had fabulous weather for all of these shots...I really love the city scape...the light fog really enhances the image....and also the last picture of the trees..wonderful sun flare coming through!