Have an account?

Monday, March 15, 2010

Sunday Six 2.0: Week 11

Another Recap Six this week with more outside adventures!

SS_11_Carnival[2010]
Friday night, a friend and I attempting to take in a carnival set up near Turner Field. After waiting for rain to pass, we made it there, only to have them close up within 10 minutes of our arrival. We did get corndogs, though!

SS_11_Chateau_Elan[2010]
Early Saturday morning I met with my scuba instructor for coffee near Chateau Elan. After we finished with our meeting, I decided to drive on over and take a few pictures. My favorite thing about Chateau Elan is the winery. The estate has approximately 75 acres dedicated to the vineyards and currently produces 22 different varietals, including my favorites: Pinot Noir and Cabernet Sauvignon!

SS_11_CE_Fountain[2010]
This statue is at the end of the main drive to Chateau Elan, just before you arrive at the winery. The fountain was not running on Saturday morning, but she's still pretty.

SS_11_Stn_Mtn_View[2010]
I spent Saturday afternoon at Stone Mountain. The park has lots of things to see and do, one of which is to climb up the 825 foot mountain of stone. On a clear day, you have a view about 60 miles in each direction. It was a bit cloudy when we were there, but still beautiful.

On a side note, for anyone who watches "30 Rock", Stone Mountain, Georgia, is where Kenneth's character grew up!

SS_11_Cloudy_View[2010]
This shot includes the downtown Atlanta skyline. I really liked the rays coming down through the clouds in this shot. You can see a bit of rain back there, too.

I'll have a bit more about Stone Mountain tomorrow with a 2010 Virtual Photowalk theme!

SS_11_Spring[2010]
Last but not least, a little bit of spring! It's been so nice having pretty weather and seeing things start to bloom.

Until next week . . .

post signature

1 comment:

Chesney said...

Looks like you had a very exciting week...and visited some really neat places! Wish I spent the week with you! I can believe you are in full bloom on those trees already, it gives me hope that spring is on it's way! Beautiful!