Have an account?

Tuesday, September 12, 2006

12 of 12: September

This is my first time doing Chad Darnell's 12 of 12.

If you are new to 12 of 12 - here are the basics:
1) ALL PHOTOS MUST BE TAKEN ON THE 12TH OF EACH MONTH.
2) After you post your pictures onto a webpage of your choice (Livejournal, typepad, MySpace, Flickr, etc...) please post the TIME, LOCATION, and A SMALL COMMENT in the pic.
3) You own the rights to all of your pictures. The idea "12 of 12" is mine. While credit is not necessary, please don't credit someone else with the idea.
4) The original concept was at least one body part in the picture. That idea was slowly faded away. The important part is that it is 12 pics.
5) The monthly Bonus pic is a 13th picture and is optional. (This time around the bonus pic is based on the word "break")"


5:34 a.m.: In my car on my way to bootcamp. We have to be at the park at 5:45 a.m. for the 6:00 a.m. workout. This is the second time I've done bootcamp, but today is only day 2 of this session. It's a lot of hard work, but a lot of fun.

7:05 a.m.: Today we were working out on a practice football field, so my shoes are extra dirty. You can barely make out all the grass on the back of the shoes. My arms, legs, and back were covered!

7:20 a.m.: Here I am at Cobb Parkway and Paces Mill Road, on my way home from working out. Although I despise getting up at 5:00 a.m., I do love being finished with my workout by 7:00 a.m.

7:22 a.m.: This is a condo tower being built near my apartment complex. It's called Vinings Mountain and is built on the hill where Gen. Sherman stood when Atlanta was burned during the Civil War. When it's clear, there's a beautiful view of the city. Said view is the reason these condos start at $500,000! I don't think I'll be moving in anytime soon.

7:25 a.m.: Home at last! The first thing I do when I get home from working out is leave everything at the front door! It all ends up in a pile of clothes, shoes, sweat, grass, only to be picked up and dropped into the washer. After that, I clean up and make some breakfast.

11:00 a.m.: After doing some housekeeping, I was in need of a few groceries. Naturally, I headed to Publix! Evidently, my Publix is "the place" for single people on Sundays. It's too crowded for me on that day!

11:45 a.m.: On my way back to the apartment. The cars belong to construction workers building the massive condo tower (see above). I've always liked how the office building is perfectly centered between the trees. It's especially pretty during fall.
11:50 a.m.: Now that I'm home I must carry in my food and water! Anybody want to help? In the back of my trunk you can see my Metro Atlanta map, always a helpful item when trying to wind your way around Atlanta traffic.
12:15 p.m.: This is my book table. It currently holds 19 books. I refuse to buy more until I've read these (aside from The Little Prince, that I've read).
12:20 p.m.: Sitting down for a quick lunch and news check, while waiting for a friend to arrive. Lunch was a grilled chicken salad. The website is CNN, which I'm partial to because it's located here in Atlanta.

5:50 p.m. After a late lunch/early dinner with a friend, I made a quick run to Target. Not much on this list, just detergent, stain remover, and lotion.

6:30 p.m. On my way home, I stopped to pick up the mail. I was happily rewarded with the new issue of Shape Magazine and a Neiman Marcus catalog.
Bonus Pic: "break": My pic is of one of the three books I'm currently reading, since reading is what I do on my breaks. It's Everything is Illuminated by Johathan Safran Foer.


That's all for today (except for watching Nip/Tuck at 10:00). Hope it wasn't too boring. I had fun photo-blogging my day. Hopefully, I'll remember next month's.






6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Have you linked to your entry on Chad's Blog yet? He commented on mine this month! I think I've done it July and August, but this was the first time he commented.

And 5:45am bootcamp... getting up at 5am... not sure that would happen for me. 6:45am is bad enough to get up for work now!

Well done for doing it, and we'll remember together next month!

Helen

Anonymous said...

Hey!!
That wasn't boring. wwooww You get up too soon. LOL Usually I'm going to bed at that time.

I love the 12 of 12. I did it on July and I had fun. I just didn't do it last month because I was on holiday and couldn't post.. and this month I forgot.
But it's good to read the others.

I love Le Petit Prince. Is one of my favourite books ever :)

Have a nice day tomorrow

Hugs
Tuga

Anonymous said...

What is up with these blogger things not taking logins?

Anyway...very cool pics! Thanks for joining!

~Beth

Kerri said...

It's the new beta blogger. Blogger logins don't work for them, nor do they work for beta bloggers on the standard blogger. Hopefully, they get it straightened out soon!

Anonymous said...

Nice photos. It's always so much fun to visit my hometown through 12 of 12 each month. What a huge new condo building! Wow!

Cheers from a fellow 12-of-12er,
-Bon.
http://spynotebook.org/bonnie

Anonymous said...

Oh! Meant to also say... OH how I wish I had a workout over with by 7am. I'm going to make that my goal this week.

Cheers,
-Bon.