Have an account?

Wednesday, December 27, 2006

Mish Mash . . .

I'm terribly sorry! I've been absent for a bit due to busyness. Hopefully things will calm down now that the holidays are practically over. I'm thinking that one my of resolutions for 2007 will be to blog more!

I've traveled to Tennessee the past two weekends for Christmas events with my family. They were all fun, but I'm ready to stay home for a few weekends. Bootcamp is still going well. It actually hasn't been very cold here for December so that's been nice.

Over the weekend my Mom and I saw The Good Shepard. It was good, and is a definite thinking movie. That's not necessarily a bad thing. I usually enjoy movies where I am required to think, but I was already very tired from driving to Tennessee, visiting family and then driving to the movies.

I'm supposed to hit my training runs heavy by January 7th for the half-marathon in March. That, however, has hit a possible snag. Yesterday, I injured my foot. I visited the doctor today and after several x-rays was told that I have either a very deep bone bruise or a mild stress fracture. I'm very frustrated because this could set my training back -- especially if I have to go through physical therapy! Hopefully, it will heal quickly. I really wish I had a nice story about how I injured myself doing some great athletic feat . . . not so much. It is actually quite a stupid story that I shall not bore you with here -- mostly to save my embarrassment!

1 comment:

Dogeared said...

Ooh now I feel special knowing the story :lol:

Hope you're better soon!