Lots of fireworks photos ahead in this week's Sunday Six! It's a Recap Six, but just barely. Although, I do have two warnings to go along with the fireworks shots. First, some of you may recall that I suffer from the long lamented
short-photographer syndrome. Due to this, even with a tripod, you'll notice a few heads in the mix. Please ignore them! Second, there is absolutely nothing I could do about the very large, very ugly construction crane right in the middle of the fireworks display. I suppose those silly contractors refused to take it down! :)
Hope everyone who celebrates had a safe, and happy 4th of July!
![Prickly_Pear_Goodness[2009]](https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/blogger_img_proxy/AEn0k_sru8nZavv-foUUcLPWnzAYQiqp4FEwkVx2bEI9gjKXHa2oP3Pt_MwCPaFwUBAC2sRRLq3523JlvjIBslIn3hIahVZmSf0cnOJX3KxGXg38wCTMqZsDh4lcXpZgorsDkQg=s0-d)
Before the fireworks began . . . we had a little refreshment in the form of prickly pear frozen margaritas. Yum!
![4th_Fireworks-6[2009]](https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/blogger_img_proxy/AEn0k_tyhFu-2Stz-lQkC3-XxCUp4V86QRJg0AqLy-Pq0I2qK5Ah8HIPwCmpdPXHHls0whm4lNddWdSWyp7-hpsRWPhjZrNWUcW8GfA6UCDPhk8qi7JHFWYMh8DCW-I_WoWAKqU=s0-d)
These shots were taken from a rooftop deck near Centennial Olympic Park.
![4th_Fireworks-7[2009]](https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/blogger_img_proxy/AEn0k_uf52HiH77sZVVDTAfDDzssHunPmUsz7age5I3LcW_caj1JTAi9l8Ju5LXtrKL9IDVBbB6oE9g-N4_RPI_l8hURkSXS5t-6fXgrsBlSmOld0FtGzcP6uBZ-SmoMl9IDYgo=s0-d)
We had a wonderful view of the downtown fireworks show.
![4th_Fireworks-5[2009]](https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/blogger_img_proxy/AEn0k_vCqBhCRMB1rJTzCrny83bQuOva5yyaRu3dK9QgwPihjgx2wcYc-MpziYjkv5dIKr6cGKV-pFMjZd1VLQ8_1xgHff_SDbdi4qrF8D2AriGPt_STlUPy9u2qE8ER4xVJ8Zw=s0-d)
Although I didn't get any shots of other fireworks displays, being in downtown Atlanta, you could see the fireworks from Lenox Mall, Stone Mountain, and some of the other outlying areas of Atlanta.
![4th_Fireworks-4[2009]](https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/blogger_img_proxy/AEn0k_tpo8UXPKtmu6aRyUqb7NvJzzwxidp9EE_UpFQX4S_KnonM4XTdWYoBu_N_dnHfJza3H3JXXBmq0sGCaGry1WNmLdF6MqUXgt9lJcvWOU98eglC70DxupeygooXagAD_A=s0-d)
![4th_Fireworks-2[2009]](https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/blogger_img_proxy/AEn0k_ukx1r6odLZxnwlUv8vap3zBJ2F9AQ2ltw6ZuWuKfB_834PGKJOiwaSpZRvtRbmFZJkYIjRzX_Ew387bx-ah54Odoz3qfv0WE7XJFfeYREwt1uUwR9vGxakSHlD-1dtXTY=s0-d)
Until next week . . .
3 comments:
One of the earliest memories I have is watching fireworks from a rooftop. I was born in Brooklyn and moved out of the city when I was two. It was the top of our apartment building. All I remember are the colors.
I've always liked loud noises and flashes of light in the sky (fireworks, lightning). I wonder if that has anything to do with it?
Very nice shots.
What a firework show - and what a delicious looking pear margarita!!
Your fireworks shots are great - they are so hard to capture well and you succeeded ... crane or no crane!!!
Post a Comment